DIY: Easy Travel Cat Carrier Cushion Tutorial
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PerfectPortions #CollectiveBias
Hi friends! Ashes and I have a cool travel tutorial for cat (or dog or any animal) carriers so that your cats can travel in comfort and style! Plus, if you’re looking for a perfect cat food for any time, including travel, SHEBA® PERFECT PORTIONS™ is the way to go!
If I could, I would take Ashes with me everywhere I go. I have two other beautiful cats but Ashes is my soulmate. Coincidentally, she’s also the easiest to travel with. When we moved to our new home this summer, I had all three of the cats in the car with me. Isis and Grayson were not happy about being in carriers, let alone a moving vehicle and as a result were caterwauling the whole way there! But Ashes – she was just sitting prim and proper in her carrier awaiting our new destination. My cats’ comfort is of utmost priority to me. I usually put ugly towels in their carriers when we travel but I wanted something that was a bit more customized and that actually fit into their carriers. I had the idea of making a cushion and it turned out to be extremely easy and cute!
The SHEBA® PERFECT PORTIONS™ cat food is the perfect amount to make sure that you don’t overfeed your cat or kitten. The product includes just the right amount of ounces to feed your feline friend. I especially love them because they’re great to take on the go – there’s no measuring or messiness involved. You just snap apart the twin-pack and you’ve got the perfect serving. No need to bring extra lids or plastic wrap for a half-eaten can.
SHEBA® also has some great cat treats called SHEBA® Meaty Tender Sticks. They are savory snacks that keep your cat meowing for more – trust me – Ashes couldn’t get enough of them. Plus, they are made with real meat and no artificial flavors. SHEBA® Cat Treats are made with the mouth-watering ingredients your adult cat craves in a fun, stick-shaped snack.
SHEBA® WHAT CATS WANT™
Now that you’re ready for what to feed your cat while on the go, here’s how to travel with your cat in style and comfort!
Easy Travel Cat Carrier Cushion Tutorial
1/2 yard felt or fleece
1/2 yard soft material (think fleece or fake fur)
polyester fiber fill
sewing machine (unless you want to sew by hand)
1. Trace around the bottom of your cat carrier on both your felt and your soft fabric material.
2. If you’d like, add a 1/4″ seam allowance and cut around both pattern pieces.
3. Pin pattern pieces wrong sides facing each other.
4. Sew around the edge of the two pinned pattern pieces. Leave a 3-4″ opening somewhere along the edge. You will need this to turn the cushion right side out and stuff it with polyfill.
5. Remove your pins and carefully turn your cushion right side out.
6. Stuff the cushion with polyfill – be careful not to stuff this too much. You want it to have a basic flat shape with a bit of cushion for your cat – not be an overstuffed pillow.
7. Tuck about 1/4″ – 1/2″ inch of both fabrics into the cushion where you left the opening. Pin if needed. Top stitch over the opening to close the cushion. You’re done!
You can find SHEBA® PERFECT PORTIONS™ and SHEBA® Meaty Tender Sticks at your local Walmart. You can also find all of the supplies for this tutorial there too – get ready for that big trip all in one place!
Ashes loves this food so much, she gobbled it down before I could get a good photo. But trust me when I say that this was the perfect portion amount for her!